Frozen Jalapeno poppers are a very versatile food. They add flavour and spice to just about anything you eat them with, but how do you cook them from frozen? We are here to show you how to cook frozen Jalapeno poppers in an air fryer; we can guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
How To Cook Frozen Jalapeno Poppers In An Air Fryer?
This is, thankfully, a super easy thing to do. All you need is an air fryer and some poppers!
- Place 6 jalapeno poppers in a single layer in the bottom of your air fryer.
- Air fry at 380F/193C for 5 minutes, then gently shake the poppers or turn them over individually.
- Continue to cook for another 2-4 minutes, until the cheese starts to ooze out of the coating.
- Remove from the fryer, and allow to cool – they will be very hot!
Remember to cook them from frozen for best results. You won’t need to use any oil, as this will not improve the poppers.
If your air fryer is bigger, you may be able to fit more in – but remember to cook them in a single layer.
If you pile your poppers on top of each other, you risk undercooked or soggy patches which can be less than appetising.
Don’t skip the turning or shaking step, as this will encourage the poppers to cook more evenly.
Remember to leave them to cool, as the cheese inside will reach volcanic temperatures and you can burn your mouth.
How Do You Reheat Jalapeno Poppers In The Air Fryer?
Let’s face it, you probably won’t have any leftovers of these delicious little morsels! But, if you do and you want them to be hot, read on for how to do this.
It is important to not overcook your poppers; you just want to warm them through, not burn them to a crisp.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370F/190C.
- You can choose to spray a light coating of oil onto your poppers; this is not absolutely necessary, but it helps to stop them from drying out.
- If your jalapeno poppers were originally deep fried, you should definitely skip this step, as it will make them too oily.
- Place the poppers in a single layer in the basket – layering them can lead to soggy patches.
- Heat for 3-5 minutes.
- You may find that the jalapeno loses its crunch slightly when reheated this way, but the outer will be crisp and delicious.
If you are interested in making your own jalapeno poppers, check out this fun little vid – it will take you through the steps and also show you how to cook them in an air fryer:
How Do You Reheat Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos In An Air Fryer?
An air fryer is the best option for reheating bacon wrapped jalapenos, whether these are shop bought or home made.
If you like your bacon crispy, then this method really is for you – reheated bacon takes on even more of a crunch than when it is usually cooked!
- Preheat the air fryer to 350F/180C.
- Place the jalapenos in a single layer in the fryer basket.
- If they are dry, you can spritz them with a spray of oil at this point, which will give a slightly softer finished texture.
- Heat them for 3-5 minutes, then check them and turn them.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes, then remove from the basket and allow them to cool.
Except for cooking, air frying is a great way of reheating food, especially the types, like bacon, that can get unpleasantly greasy.
The air fryer will reheat the food perfectly, and will not use any oil as standard, so your food will be crisp, perfect and delicious.
Jalapeno poppers are one of life’s little deliciousnesses. If you have never tried them before then you really should – and if you have, I bet you’re drooling right now!
Hopefully the above has given you some great ideas on cooking jalapeno poppers in an air fryer, so you can enjoy them at their finest.