Pizza rolls are delicious little bundles of joy, aren’t they? Tasty, small and perfect, they are the ideal snack and they also make a good addition to a party platter.
But, you may be wondering how to cook pizza rolls without them exploding – along with most of the rest of the world! Let’s look into the best ways to do this.
How To Cook Pizza Rolls So That They Don’t Explode?
Cooking heats up the water molecules inside a food, and can also heat up the air trapped inside them.
Exploding food can be a particular problem for foods that are shaped into sealed items, such as your little pizza rolls!
You can try microwaving them, covered with kitchen roll. This means that if they do explode, the mess will be contained.
Alternatives include oven baking in a single layer, and you can cover them with foil to contain explosions (just bear in mind they will cook faster and may not be as crisp).
It may be worth piercing the rolls with a knife before you cook them, to allow any air to escape without them blowing up.
Try cooking them hotter, for a shorter time. This reduces the chances of explosions, and means that you get to eat them sooner!
What Is The Best Way To Cook Pizza Rolls?
Pizza rolls are pretty easy to cook – there’s no prep involved and the cooking process is a simple one. However, there are better ways to do it to ensure a perfect result:
- Lay out your pizza rolls on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place a layer of parchment paper under them, to catch the inevitable mess!
- Bake the rolls in the oven at 400F for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool slightly before eating as they will be very hot.
- Place the pizza rolls on a plate, and cover them with a layer of kitchen towel or parchment paper to catch any spitting.
- Microwave at full power for 2 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 2 minutes before eating, to finish off the cooking.
- Microwaved pizza rolls will not be as crisp as oven cooked ones, but they will still be delicious!
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Place the frozen pizza rolls in the basket, in a single layer – you can add more than one layer, but bear in mind they will take longer if you do this.
- Cook the rolls for 6 minutes at this temperature, shaking or turning them halfway through the cooking time.
How Do You Cook Pizza Rolls In The Oven?
Cooking pizza rolls in the oven is arguably the best way to cook them – they are completely cooked, with the delicious crunch that oven cooked pizza has.
It is best to start with frozen pizza rolls, for the most delicious results, but you can uses thawed ones just as well – you may have to reduce the cooking time though.
Start by preheating the oven to 425F/220C/gas mark 7. Lay the pizza rolls onto a baking sheet – you should line the tray with foil or parchment to catch any drips.
Place the rolls into the oven, and bake for around 10-12 minutes for 20 rolls; 13-15 for 40 rolls.
Your pizza rolls may have slightly different cooking instructions, so always check the packet for cooking methods.
Remove the rolls from the oven, then leave them to stand for 2 minutes. This finishes off the cooking process,and also ensures that you do not burn your mouth.
This is a good video, which will show you how to make your own pizza rolls, as well as how to cook them in the oven:
Pizza rolls are delicious little mouthfuls of goodness, aren’t they? Cooking them can be a bit of an issue as they are explosive!
Try some of the above tips to save your dinner – and the inside of your oven or microwave!